For most folks relocating is a challenging exercise to coordinate. Local Houston home sellers are calling us or submitting their house info on this website every day saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Houston.“ The best thing is that we’re able to help a ton of those sellers sell their house quickly (since we’re always buying houses in Houston Texas now!).
There’s a tremendous amount of detail required to keep the process organized, plus whatever is making you move in the first place – typically it’s a new job or a sick relative, but the actual need to go always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
First, organize – Don’t agonize.
You don’t have to be in a bad position where you end up paying out to own and maintain a vacant house for 1- 2 years. That gets expensive quick, and it doesn’t have to end up that way.
Even if the housing market seems somewhat stable right now in Houston, things can change very quickly. Unfortunately, we’ve heard some terrible stories over the past couple of years. Unless you’re just flat out filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it this out.
Let’s get right to the matter. How do you begin to make the right choices when your options include relocating and need to sell your Houston Texas house fast?
I’m Relocating, And I Need To Sell My House Fast In Houston. What Steps Do I Take And What Options Do I have?
- Figure out your house’s current market value: To do this you can find a real estate agent or just connect with us, and we can give you a no obligation value assessment on your property. So, now that you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market… that sets the pace for how long you may or may not be able to or willing to sell the house.
- Decide now how quickly you need to sell your house after relocating: This is the one thing that is crucial to the process. I’ve seen many professionals who’ve moved out of state for a dream job who had their house on the market for a year or more before selling it and for a much much lower price than they first planned for. Deciding how fast you need to sell your house is critical… and knowing how long you’re willing or able to keep up with making 2 mortgage payments, insurance, and taxes, etc.
- Find a strong real estate agent well BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling beforehand, so you don’t lose any time. Every day that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… will cost you money. If you choose not to use a real estate agent to sell, that’s okay… we are a local known house buyer, and we’d love an opportunity to make you a fast fair full cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Determine the value of selling your house fast vs. “sweating it out” for a retail dream price: Look we all want to sell our homes for as much as possible. We’d be lying if we said any different. But the one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it will actually cost to hold onto this house. Some of the expenses typically include your mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 2-10 years of a mortgage, the majority of your payment interest are barely going to principal at all), insurance, property taxes, regular maintenance, etc. And let’s say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance ( think lawn maintenance, common repairs while you’re gone, etc.). Those expenses quickly add up to $1,600/mo in “non-equity building” costs. Reflect on this, if it takes you 7 months to sell that same house through a real estate agent for $200,000… it may cost you more than $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” tack on you have to pay that $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyer’s agent and 3% for the seller’s agent).This adds up to approximately $23,200 in LOST profits. That doesn’t even begin to account for the cost of your time, your stress when thinking about your property sitting on the market and the lost opportunity of what you could’ve been doing with that extra cash during those long 7 months. It looks like the real cost to you more like $30,000. Visualize this, what if you were to have an option to sell your house within the next week and avoid all of that hassle? What if you sold it at a discount or below the retail price (let’s say… $175,000)… It looks like you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW even at a discount to a cash buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full asking price (and paying those holding costs and real estate agent fees).Do you see that and does that make sense?
- Take action now!: Whatever you do decide… go for it and take some action. If you choose to go the real estate agent route, that could work. We can help you find that rock star local Houston Texas agent. If you decide not have to wait and not pay real estate agent commissions… then your best option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got tons of time and a perfect property, you might want to test the market waters by offering it out at a high retail price. There’s a possibility someone might just fall in love and be willing to pay more than market – people do some insane things for love.
Most Properties that come to us are usually average, in reality. They tend to look ordinary when compared to the other houses near them, in the same kind of way, that people who live near each other sometimes have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly rare and exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, still you likely won’t get the most in the market by beginning by pricing at the highest point.
You could also try to market your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You’ll want to preserve control of this process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In unique situations, we sometimes partner with property owners to help secure a lease option agreement where highly qualified purchasers rent out the property for an agreed time before buying it.
In other cases, we may consider contributing to renegotiate a loan, make monthly payments or even conduct a possible short sale with a bank.
We thrive on helping people solve difficult problems. And we’d love a chance to help you and your family.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who We Are And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell a House In Houston?
We’re local Houston real estate investors. We support our families and improve neighborhoods by buying houses from Houston homeowners who’ve decided they need to sell fast for many reasons.
The different types of sellers who prefer to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 10 days if you need us to)
- Prefer not to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay any real estate agent fees
- Unable to sell their house as is (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other challenging situations
But we’re just people like you, and we believe in our local community and economy.
We’ll quote you an all cash price, and we can close quickly with our cash.
If you’re happy to wait it out and choose to hire professionals to help, you can easily manage the selling your property from a long distance. In particular, circumstances like these can sometimes pay off.
We’re excited and happy to have a chance to help you answer your most pressing questions concerning your Houston real estate situation, so please feel free to call us now at 832-435-5731. We are standing by to answer.